Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrading NW server license from Network to Power edition?

2006-03-16 15:28:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrading NW server license from Network to Power edition?
From: jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:23:00 -0600
Phillip,

You can't usually just swap NW edition enablers.  Moving from network
edition to power edition usually requires an upgrade enabler and you
will also need a new authorization code for the PE enabler.  That will
probably require a host ID transfer affidavit as well, since Legato has
your PE enabler registered with a different host ID.

You will probably need to contact Legato support to get this done.

An alternative to this would be to use the Legato License Manager
program instead.  If you have that installed, you should be able to
handle all this with that program.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.