Networker

[Networker] Antw: Cloning idle read and write

2006-03-13 07:29:23
Subject: [Networker] Antw: Cloning idle read and write
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:19:22 +0100
Hi Johnny,

is the backup (or even the actual sssid) You want to clone spawning more then
one tape? e.g. is there a pending mount request?
if so, try to unload the "reading, idle" device by GUI-unmount
(and eventually mount the next required volume by GUI as well)

hth Thorsten

>>> "Johnny Tran" <jtjtjt AT GMAIL DOT COM> 09.03.06 00:25:20 >>>
Hi

This is my first post to this list, I have been lurking for quite a while
now.

We are running Networker Server 7.2.1.Build.311 on a Sun Fire 480R on
Solaris 8.

One of the backup clients has 2 stand-alone DLT7000 tape drives, running on
a UltraSPARC 2 on Solaris 2.6
It is running Networker Client 6.1.3.Build.428

The backup runs successfully. The cloning is then run, however near
completion I see in the nwadmin GUI

reading, idle
writing, idle

And will it remain that way until I kill the nsrclone process.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Cheers
Johnny