Networker

Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions

2006-03-09 15:38:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:33:35 -0500
You have to obtain and install a freeware utility called BLAT (do a
google search). It is a command line tool for sending plain text e-mail
from a Windows machine. Then you put something like the following in
your savegroup notification Action field:

blat - -s "Savegroup Completion" -t joeblow AT domain DOT com

Read all the documentation on Blat before you first use it--- you must
install it first by running it and specifying your outgoing SMTP
server...

At least that's how we do it from our Windows server (we used to run
Unix b4 and used 'mailx' to mail the savegroup completions).... For the
most part, we've had no problems, except for one time I was out of town
and they changed the outgoing SMTP mailserver, my boss freaked when he
did not get any backup e-mails one morning...(he thought all the backups
had failed). Once they reset the outgoing SMTP mailserver and all was
well.