Networker

[Networker] Networker Server Issues

2006-03-09 14:42:12
Subject: [Networker] Networker Server Issues
From: "Stewart, Kathy" <Kathy.Stewart AT RODALE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:41:45 -0500
I'm hoping that someone on this list is experiencing the same problem
that I am.

We have an EMC Clarion with several servers attached including my
Networker Server and several storage nodes.

Since December, when a server needs to be restarted, it hangs while it
is shutting down, and needs to be turned off.  When it is restarted, it
hangs at the Windows Splash screen until the tape library (Scalar i2k)
is turned off. Only the servers that share drives with the tape library
are affected -- it's as if the server is trying to talk to the drives
and not getting a response.  This was working prior to some maintenance
being done where firmware was upgraded on the HBAs and the Scalar i2k.

Since you can only shutdown the Scalar when you are standing in front of
it, this is an issue for remote maintenance to our servers.

Thanks,
Kathy Stewart
Rodale, Inc.
Emmaus, PA