Networker

Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system

2006-03-08 04:04:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system
From: Sebastian Schönwetter <seb AT OPEN2 DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:59:01 +0100
Could it be that the other networker installation used a non-default or different block size than your current installation ? I have seen an issue that looks like yours with DDS tape drives and different block sizes.

Quoting "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT LONDON DOT CA>:

Try using the "n" switch from the command line.  NW won't look at the
volume label and then you should be able to tell NW to label the tape in
said drive.

IE nsrjb -ln -S## -f \\.\Tape#

Just a thought...

Carter Fowler