Networker

Re: [Networker] Net APP_DDS_SAN Configuration

2006-03-01 12:39:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Net APP_DDS_SAN Configuration
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:39:00 +0200
Regarding zoning, you should define one zone for each FC adapter (port).
As you do not specify backup volumes there is no way to recommend how to
allocate drives between the Netapp, backup server and storage node..
DDS drives should be regarded as "on demand" drives that are shared
between a few hosts.
The less DDS drives you have, you have a simpler configuration.
You should try not to zone more than 2 LTO2 drives to one FC port
(unless 4Gb port).
Itzik