Networker

Re: [Networker] After 7.1.4 patch

2006-02-22 10:11:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] After 7.1.4 patch
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:10:01 -0500
A media index error does not sound good.  I would get that patch/update off
the box before anymore backups take place.

You may have to scavenge the mediadb after you drop back down.

Perhaps there was a mediadb or file index problem before the upgrade?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:04:44 -0500, Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>

>I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem.
>

>I patch my 7.1.3 Networker install(actually Sun's OEM version) to 7.1.4.
>

>Now I can't relabel any media on the local drives(9940B) on the
>networker server.  I have a storage node that I haven't patch to 7.1.4
>yet, and I can relabel media fine on those drives.  The local drives
>read and write to the tapes just fine, I just can't label the media.  I
>get the below error.
>

>02/22/06 09:33:29 nsrd: /dev/rmt/0cbn Verify label operation in progress
>
>02/22/06 09:33:32 nsrd: /dev/rmt/0cbn Label without mount operation in
>progress
>
>02/22/06 09:33:32 nsrd: media info: 9940B tape S00037 will be
>over-written
>
>02/22/06 09:33:33 nsrd: /dev/rmt/0cbn Eject operation in progress
>
>02/22/06 09:34:16 nsrd: Jukebox 'STK9310' failed: media index error
>

>Also another bad thing is that some how a couple of my adv_file type
>device .RO devices got unmount, and now it won't let me mount them.
>Says they are not in the media index.  It appears that I it I unmount
>any of them, I won't be able to remount them.  I've run nsrck -m and it
>comes back clean.  The next step I guess is going to be to drop back to
>7.1.3.  Is there anything required to do that other than just removing
>the patch?
>

>Thanks,
>

>Joel
>

>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems