Networker

[Networker] Anybody using NSRORA of Fujitsu Siemens Computers?

2006-02-14 04:46:50
Subject: [Networker] Anybody using NSRORA of Fujitsu Siemens Computers?
From: IT-Administration ST <admin.st AT KVBAWUE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:31:05 +0100
 Hello dear fellow networkers,

for backing up Oracle we use nsrora of the FSC Company. Again and again we face
problems that networker saves with data rates of 200 kb/sec with IBM LTO2 in an
ADIC iScalar2000 while the solaris storagenode with the oracle database slows
down. Every thing, even a simple cd command takes several seconds up to a
minute. As soon as we kill the networker processes of saving the oracle
database the performance on the solaris machine gets better rapidly. Normally
we get an amount of 400 GB saved in less than three hours. When we face the
problems which sometimes occur, we get about 25 GB within six hours.

   Roman