Networker

Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server price/performance

2006-02-07 16:44:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server price/performance
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:40:11 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server price/performance,...:

1. When using CDI, the qlogic qla2000 HBA driver oopses, rendering the
SCSI tape functionality in the library useless until the server is
rebooted.

What distribution (SuSe, right?), kernel, and version of the qlogic drivers
are you using?  We're using 2.4.31 on Red Hat AS 2.1 with the 6.06.10
qlogic 2300 drivers, and we're not seeing this issue.

$ head -n 4 /proc/scsi/qla2300/0
QLogic PCI to Fibre Channel Host Adapter for QLA2342         :
        Firmware version:  3.02.16, Driver version 6.06.10
Entry address = f882b060
HBA: QLA2312 , Serial# L82447

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the