Networker

Re: [Networker] New Backup Plan of Action Needed

2006-02-07 12:07:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] New Backup Plan of Action Needed
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:06:55 +0100
Patti,

let me make a humble attempt,

In case of a remote fail-over location I could envision such a situation.

One way of dealing with such a situation is to import each tape after backup
into the other location using scanner.

This would require frequent travel between locations and a possibility to
damage the tapes so cloning could be a requirement for this. One would not
want to lose ones tapes in a car accident or worse.

Scanning would require only enough disk space for the indexes as they are
rebuild.

importing the resource definitions can also be done in this way. The actual
clients are most likely not present on the remote site.

restoring data should address cross platform issues ( a unix saveset cant be
restored on windows and vice versa)

its a first idea

Maarten

--