Networker

[Networker] New Backup Plan of Action Needed

2006-02-07 11:46:30
Subject: [Networker] New Backup Plan of Action Needed
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:45:22 -0500
My task is to design and implement a manageable process for responding
to restore requests where the original media may not be available to the
server that performed the backup.  Cloning the original media is not an
option.  Addressing the cause of the situation is also outside the scope
of this request.  A separate (only available via sneakernet) networker
system is available for use in this equation (same versions), same type
of media, however, currently they are different OS servers, Solaris and
Red Hat Linux.  I am looking for constructive suggestions on best
approach that includes use of the sneakernet.

I've stopped banging my head, but it still hurts.

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator