Networker

Re: [Networker] server specific info not backing up

2006-02-07 07:54:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] server specific info not backing up
From: Surinder Dhiman <ssd AT ITSS.NERC.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:52:25 +0000
Many thanks Librado.

Already spent time thinking it should work. At least I know not to pursue it
now.

Regards

Surinder.

>>> LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA 06/02/2006 14:44 >>>
Hello Surinder,

I opened a case with Legato Tech. support regarding the same issue after
upgrading to NetWare v7.2 and here's their reply.

regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> <song_yung AT emc DOT com> 02/Feb/2006 3:17:44 pm >>>

Hi Librado,

Concerning the Server Specific Info ,  you can only do it via the NetWorkr.nlm
client GUI.
This is expected behavior.

Please read the following cut & paste from Admin Guide.

Server Specific Info (SSI)
The file system TSA that ships with the latest NetWare platform provides a
resource called Server Specific Info (SSI). Server Specific Info appears as one
of
the resources in the NetWorker list.
The SSI resource stores all server specific information in these five files:

Table 4. SSI Files

1. Servdata.nds : Contains server specific NDS information.

2. Dsmisc.log  : A text file containing a list of replicas, including replica
types, which the backed-up server held at the time of
backup.

3. Volsinfo.txt : A text file containing information about the server volumes,
including name space, compression, and data migration
information, at the time of backup.

4. Startup.ncf : The NetWare server batch file, loads the NetWare server's
disk driver and name spaces and some SET parameters.

5. Autoexec.ncf : The NetWare server batch file, loads modules and sets the
NetWare operating system configuration.

SSI Backup
The steps required to perform a backup of SSI is same as backing up other data
by using the NetWorker User program. For more information about manual
backups, see "Manual Data Backups" on page 40.

Important Note: The NetWorker software does not support the backup of SSI from
the
command line or as a scheduled backup. The only mode supported is through
the Client User Interface Program - networkr.nlm.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if I can close out this case.

regards,

Yung Song

*************************Important Notes**********************
Submit all cases update or attachments via EMC CustomerNet at:
http://softwaresupport.emc.com

*please do not reply to this email*

You can also attach logs via CustomerNet http://softwaresupport.emc.com
( anything that is less than 10 MB )

Yung Song
Legato Software  Technical Support  Engineer
EMC Enterprise Software Group
Phone: 1-877-Legato-7
( 1-877-5342867)

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.

As of January 20, any e-mails addressed
to "cityregina.com" will not be delivered.