Networker

Re: [Networker] Directory Depth for Index getting deeper for certain clients?

2006-02-03 15:43:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directory Depth for Index getting deeper for certain clients?
From: "Scalise, Kathleen (NSTS.JAX)" <kathleen_scalise AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:41:42 -0500
This has happened to me in the past...server is UNIX...every time we
would have a power down when we would bring the server back up for some
reason it would switch back and forth between long name and short name.
In each of your subdirectories you have db6/*.*  ??  Check your host
file too...

Have you had problems trying to put indexes back out there?  I did and
still do. nsrck -L7 I still have problems trying to get some of my
indexes back...

Basically I had to copy all directories up...I got notes from Legato
support.  Here is what I had to do:

ID: legato8379
Domain: primus_owner
Solution Class: solution

Fact
-------
NetWorker

Symptom
-------
Index is nested

Symptom
-------
Trying to recover but can't see the data that was backed up

Symptom
-------
Index directory is nested:
/nsr/index/FQDN/hostname/FQDN/hostname/FQDN/hostname

Symptom
-------
Volume is 'Unknown' when recovering

Symptom
-------
Error: 'No index is available'

Symptom
-------
Multiple index directories exist for this client

Cause
-------
There are several reasons why this might happen: the client_name was
changed from the shortname to the Fully Qualified Domain Name (also
called FQDN or long name) within the GUI, the hostname was changed,
Technical Bulletin #138 and/or #364 were not followed when renaming the
server/client

Fix
-------
Click Here To Go Back

1) Shutdown NetWorker
2) Move/Copy all files with an .k0, .k1 or .rec from the nested db6
folders into the first db6 folder of the client
/nsr/index/client_name/db6
3) Clean-up the directories so that it is back to /nsr/index/client_name

3) Restart NetWorker
4) Index path may be entered in the Client Resource, however, it should
not be necessary

Kathleen Scalise
Asst. Vice President
Network Services and Technology Support