Networker

[Networker] CBRM (EMC Centera Backup Module) questions

2006-02-01 17:25:59
Subject: [Networker] CBRM (EMC Centera Backup Module) questions
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:23:09 -0500
I was wondering who else on this list is using CBRM?  We have had CBRM
working for about 6 months, but have run into some performance problems.
Since CBRM is a single saveset with a single stream, it is limited to
the speed of a single tape drive (in our case an IBM LTO-2 drive). We
are getting about 30GB/hour during the backup which means that our
backup is taking 16-18 hours for a full backup. Given that we expect to
be running in the 3-4 TB of usage in the next year, the backup time is
going to be prohibitive.

What is everyone else doing? Any suggestions? I'm working with EMC
support, but so far, no solutions.

Our backup server/NDMP server
Sun Sparc V480 with 16GB RAM running Solaris 9
FC Connected to a StorageTek L180 with 6 x IBM LTO-2 drives
Centera running CentStar 2.4

--
Matthew Huff           | One Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations | Purchase, NY 10577