Networker

Re: [Networker] License Audit Help

2006-01-31 02:17:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] License Audit Help
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:17:21 -0500
On Jan 31, 2006, at 7:04 AMJan 31, 2006, Jones, Stephen (East Kilbride) [OS-IE] wrote:

Hi,

I need to carry out a license audit of my Networker install base. Does
anyone know of a tool that will send out a probe over the network and come back with all active enabler codes (and other details such as server name or
IP address)?

I assume that as Networker "knows" when a dupliate enabler is used that this
capability must exist in some form in the software already.

We have a large remote install base so doing this manually is not a viable
option.

You can't use duplicate enablers in the same data zone. NetWorker will complain loud and clear about that! Why don't you use the NetWorker License Manager to mange all your enabler codes on a single server? That would make auditing them trivial.

"signoff networker" in the