Networker

Re: [Networker] custom backup command

2006-01-27 05:06:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] custom backup command
From: Davina Treiber <davinatreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:00:40 -0500
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 04:46:11 -0500, Pierpa <pierpaolo.frassino AT SOLVEIT DOT

wrote:

>I have to implement a backup command in order to start a group on a fake
>client and start another group. I'll do this using nsradmin and updating
>autostart to "start now" on the group I want to start. So, I created a
>client and I tried to run a backup command.
>This backup command, basically, has NOT to run a save command, but only
>nsradmin checks and updates. It works correctly in these terms, but there
>is no way to make the group successful. It always terminate in a failed
>state. As far as you know, there is a way ( I tried to exit the backup
>command with exit 0 ) to tell to the savegroup at the end of the backup
>command that all is ok and that savegroup has to say "Successful" ??

Ah yes - a known problem. savegrp reads stdin to check for success or
failure of each save (or other backup command) that runs. On successful
completion of your fake backup command you need to display a message in the
same format that save displays. The following command used to work, I
haven't tested it on recent versions.

echo 'save: no_data  0KB 00:00:00     0 files   completed savetime=0'