Networker

Re: [Networker] "Incorrect block size" with CDI enabled

2006-01-04 13:06:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] "Incorrect block size" with CDI enabled
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:56:34 +0100
Hi Oscar,

It seems like you have the same problem though. It still can't read your labels. Try this:

1. Set the block size with mt to variable block length - mt -f /dev/nst0 setblk 0

Hmm, is that necessary? I just examined a mounted volume:

[root@r2d2 root]# mt -f /dev/nst2 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=52, block number=36499, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x40 (DLT1 40 GB, or Ultrium).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (1010000):
 ONLINE IM_REP_EN

2. Set the block size to the correct value within networker for each device. Edit this with nwadmin or similar tools

It is 64 KB (the default value AFAIK).

3.  Consider installing the mt_st package and create an stinit.def file

This was the first thing what I did after installing NW. Without it, we had many errors with our LTO drives.

If you wish, try running stinit from the networker startup script before running networker.

In fact, it is executed on module loading in /etc/modules.conf with 'post-install st /sbin/stinit'

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the