Networker

Re: [Networker] Question on Networker Barcode sequence?

2006-01-04 02:43:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question on Networker Barcode sequence?
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:39:00 +1100
I think that when selecting which tape to use and it had to choose between
several pre-labeled empty volumes that it would choose the one which had been
labeled earliest... which would be 008... but you would have to see what
happens as the documentation is not clear on that point.

note that if a volume is already in the drive then that will be preferred over
all others...

as you are using a 1 week retention you might want to consider using the auto
media management feature which would do the re-labeling of recyclable volumes
for you, but only when all the blank tapes had been used up, and then you could
pretty well set it up and forget it.