Networker

[Networker] SharePoint Document Level and AD Object level restores

2005-12-22 13:49:23
Subject: [Networker] SharePoint Document Level and AD Object level restores
From: "Wagner, Donna" <DWagner AT MAIL.SMU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:38:48 -0600
Has anyone had to recover a single SharePoint Document or single
Organization Unit, computer or user object from Active Directory using
Legato 7.21?    I am trying to compare the recovery process for Legato
to CommVault.  CommVault marketing material claims the ability to
restore any attribute for any object within Active Directory.  CommVault
demonstrations show the recovery of a SharePoint document with a few
clicks.

Does anyone know about a new interface built into NWAdmin that is to be
similar to the Network Management Console?  CommVault has an integrated
GUI interface with point and click reporting capabilities in the base
product.

Using basically the latest versions of both software packages, has
anyone used CommVault and Legato?  We have used Legato for 8 years, but
only the basic Network Edition.   When I read about CommVault features,
it is not clear if the features are in the base product or add-ons.   I
am working with marketing, but would like to know "real-life"
experience.

I am comfortable with EMC Legato.  The technical support team has been
great for me.  We are considering moving to CommVault.

Thanks,

Donna