Networker

[Networker] Routine needed for unattended scanning of multiple tapes.

2005-12-22 03:51:09
Subject: [Networker] Routine needed for unattended scanning of multiple tapes.
From: Terje Soreide <terje.soreide AT ROLLS-ROYCE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:35:07 -0500
Hi fellow Networkers

I wonder if anyone has a solution to the following problem.  Now and then
I need to scan in more than one tape that has passed its browse and/or
retention period.  Have searched the net without finding any usable tool
or method to do this.

I have also tried to create bat-files to do this but haven't been able to
pass the letter q plus CR which the scanner program asks for after
scanning.  My batch routines are as follows:

1. Batchfile "jb_scan.bat"
for /l %%C in (1,1,10) do scan.bat %%C

2. Batchfile "scan.bat"
nsrjb -l -n -f \\.\Tape0 -S %1
scanner -i -q \\.\Tape0 < q_parse.dat
nsrjb -u -f \\.\Tape0

3. Parsing file "q_parse.dat"
# The only entry is the "q" plus CR

I will appreciate if someone can give me a tip about how I can parse the
input to scanner or alternatively give me another method to scan multiple
tapes automatically.

Thanks in advance

Terje Søreide