Networker

[Networker] nsrck question

2005-12-16 15:04:18
Subject: [Networker] nsrck question
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:02:54 -0500
Hi,

Every Tuesday, I see 'nsrck -MX' running for on client, one at a time. After the last one completes, I then see
"nsrim has finished checking the media db"

1. Is this something that the server should be doing?

2. How often should it run this?

3. Where is this getting set?

We do have the following crontab entries for user root on the primary server. We're running 6.1.1 on Solaris. I do not recall who created these entries or for what purpose or how long they were intended to be used. However, it appears that these are getting run every day except Monday for the second entry.

# Adding entry to provide work around for Legato NetWorker media database
# contention from bootstrap or nsrim -MX. Reduces nsrim to one run per week
# at 8 am.
3 8 * * 0,1,3-6 /bin/touch /nsr/mm/nsrim.prv
3 20 * * 0,2-6 /bin/touch /nsr/mm/nsrim.prv

Thanks.

George

"signoff networker" in the