Networker

Re: [Networker] quick file recover help please

2005-12-15 21:10:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] quick file recover help please
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:08:40 -0500
On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:36 PM, Diane Rolland wrote:

Thanks for the help... I have a unique situation. I am fairly confident
that the file in question is on the tape; I just can't locate it.

I am a victim of a couple of situations...  The night in question, my
filesystem that contained the index got full, so I have no index.

I think that the backup ran successfully that night, but I need to try to
extract a particular file.

How can I find out if the file is on this tape since I have no index?

Thanks again for all the help... the below steps are something I was not
aware of (and this is very usefule!), but it didn't find the file.

The only way that comes to mind is for you to free up some index space on your server and then "nsrck -L7 -t" for the client in question. If the "nsrck -L7" works, you can then use a standard recover command on the client to recover the necessary file.

"signoff networker" in the