Networker

[Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows

2005-12-15 14:21:35
Subject: [Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows
From: Kathleen Scalise <kscalise AT NA2.US.ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:14:13 -0500
HELP!!  This will be probably be the first of very many questions.

We are migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows.  UNIX we are
running NetWorker 6.1.3Build 428 and on Windows we are running NetWorker
7.1.3.Build 404.  THis is not going to be FUN, however I have been
admining NetWorker for about 4 years now, and luckily I have never had
to 'scan' a tape!!  However, setting this up from scratch is a first.

I have 'manually' created the clients using the client id's from the UNIX
server.  That is about as far as I have gotten, I plan to create new
pools, groups, schedules etc (unless one of you wise posters from the
group advise me otherwise...but it really does need to be cleaned up).
Any tips/tricks that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the questio/problem...

I backed up a client on the UNIX box, it is a final backup for this
client.  I wanted to ensure that if they need anything from this tape I
would be able to get it back for them on the Windows box.  Also figured I
would do some testing.

D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr>scanner \\.\Tape0
scanner: scanning 8mm AIT-2 tape CB1327 on \\.\Tape0

I checked the daemon.log and found
12/15/05 13:45:05 nsrmmdbd: can't fetch old save set id 2710926081
12/15/05 13:45:05 nsrmmdbd: can't fetch old save set id 2710926337
 (Those are the correct save sets).

So I panicked and aborted...was it working??

scanner: the following save sets are still incomplete:
jax4msqq1    d:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\BACKUP\AdminServer_DB_DO_NOT_ERASE_Original_UAT.bak 12/15/05
11:09  f         0      0 2710926081 B
jax4msqq1    d:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\BACKUP\AdminServer_1028
 12/15/05 11:09  f         0      0 2710926337 B
scanner: Press:
        c<RETURN> to continue
        n<RETURN> to go to next volume
        q<RETURN> to quit
scanner: quitting
scanner: ssid 2710926081: NOT complete
scanner: ssid 2710926081: 8423 MB
scanner: ssid 2710926337: NOT complete
scanner: ssid 2710926337: 8401 MB
scanner: done with 8mm AIT-2 tape CB1327