Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] removing tapes after backup

2005-12-15 14:00:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] removing tapes after backup
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:55:33 -0800
> I would be interested in setting this up, however I can not find the 'idel
> device timeout'.  I have 'hidden options' on, but I am not seeing it.  I
> am using NetWorker Administrator Version 7.1.3 Build 404 for Windows.

Where are you looking?  In my version (7.1 Solaris) It's a jukebox
resource, not a device resource.

I saw a post about a device resource with the same name, but that's not
present on my servers.

# man nsr_jukebox
[...]
     idle device timeout (read/write, hidden)
          This attribute specifies the number of minutes to  wait
          before  unmounting a volume in an idle device.  Setting
          this attribute's value to zero disables unmounting idle
          volumes.   The  function of this attribute only applies
          to SmartMedia jukeboxes, or silo and  native  jukeboxes
          with device sharing enabled.

          Example: idle device timeout: 10;