Networker

Re: [Networker] Removing barcode from listing?

2005-12-09 19:55:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Removing barcode from listing?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:50:33 -0800
> Is there a way to remove or change the bar code that's reported for a
> given volume without having to put a new physical bar code on the actual
> tape and re-inventory it?

I don't know of any interface that would let you do that.

> I have a volume that I relabeled, and I forgot to first remove the
> volume. Since I didn't first remove it, it created the new volume and
> used the old bar code. I turned off bar code reader and matching bar
> codes before I labeled it, but it retained the old bar code and now
> reports that. I don't have a proper physical bar code label for it, so
> I'd like to just change it to null or no bar code. I can't remove the
> volume and relabel it since it now has data on it.

Hmm.  I was assuming that inventorying it without a barcode would do the
same thing.  Perhaps only on barcode enabled jukeboxes, though.

It's probable that the barcode is not kept as part of the on-volume
info.  So you could delete the volume, then rescan it in.  Sounds like a
lot of work though...