Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows ASR recovery

2005-12-06 10:12:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows ASR recovery
From: Ferry Tuyn <ferry.tuyn AT TOMTOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:57:31 +0100
I had the same problem doing an ASR, what I did was the following.

Put your network drivers on disk (cdrom, usb stick)
Boot from the ASR disk and wait until you see the networker client.
Don't press continue!!

Press Shift-F10 to start a command prompt.
Install the NIC drivers from the command line. I downloaded drivers from
Intel which had a setup.exe which I could start from the command line. I
didn't have to reboot after the installation and got an IP address from
our DHCP server. With NETSH you can change the IP address back to the
original address of the client.

Check if you can ping the server, check if the server can ping the
client using the FQDN.

Now press continue on the client.

This worked for me but there must be an easier way to do this. I think
you can also slipstream network drivers in a new Windows media CD to
solve the network problem.

Regards,

Ferry Tuyn