Networker

[Networker] NDMP_Directed Restore

2005-12-01 10:12:13
Subject: [Networker] NDMP_Directed Restore
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:04:15 -0500
Hello,
I keep getting conflicting info on restoring NDMP backup, our plan is to
backup Cellara NAS ( EMC ) via NDMP using Legato 7.2.1, is it possible to
recover what is being backed up to say a HP proliant server ( file and
block level)  through NDMP.
I am thinking in case of DR we wont have Cellara NAS offsite, what if we
cannot recover to alternate server\NAS.
Any experiance\comments\suggestions.
Disk is going to be EMC Clarion700.