Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry

2005-12-01 08:19:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:14:46 -0500
Are you using the -t date option on your nsrck -L 7 command? Seems to me if
you used the date/time stamp from the bootstrap report, it should not seek
to go beyond that.

>> 11/26/2005 11:38:40 PM   full 1971930720    84       0   000559

nsrck -t "11/26/2005 11:38:40 PM" -L 7 <client>

Might just do what you need.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:38:18 -0600, Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM> wrote:

>Thanks so much,  but i'm still a bit stuck.  I think this is a logic
>problem.  The bootstrap information always contains information that there
>are items on the adv_file devices...  Even if it's just the server itself.
>
>It's circular.  If I backup the bootstrap info to disk, how can it ever know
>it's not on disk anymore...  argh.
>
>It seems almost that I'm going to have to backup my networker server
>directly to tape and skip the adv_disk, or use scanner after the fact to
>tell my recovered server where things really are.  That's what is alluded to
>in the DR docs anyway.
>
>If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!  Thanks to all.
>
>--Shawn

>>> 11/29/2005 12:12:05 AM   full 596373813      0       0   LANDISK.001