Networker

[Networker] Windows NTFS permissions

2005-11-30 12:48:42
Subject: [Networker] Windows NTFS permissions
From: "Skinner,Alan C(Contractor)" <alan.skinner AT DIX.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:44:25 -0500
My environment is:   Networker server is version 7.1.2 on a windows 2003
server OS

                                    Clients are 7.1.2 also and are mainly
Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.

NTFS permissions on everything

My problem is:   D:\760eod\TRAINING\Schools\: Access is denied.

             This is happening on several folders on this server. The
problem is occurring to this server only.

The permissions on the "Schools" folder are the same as the permissions on
the "Training" folder.

Is there an account that Networker uses to gain access to all folders. I
didn't think I had to add any special permission for Networker to back up
folders. What else would give me permission denied?

Alan Skinner

Network Administrator

RAM, Inc.

609-562-6039

alan.skinner AT dix.army DOT mil <mailto:alan.skinner AT dix.army DOT mil>

alan.skinner AT us.army DOT mil <mailto:alan.skinner AT us.army DOT mil>