Networker

Re: [Networker] Scheduling Long Term retentions and volume expiration

2005-11-28 14:29:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scheduling Long Term retentions and volume expiration
From: Vernon Harris <harriv00 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:17:39 -0800
Hi All,
I new to networker and have a few questions.  I'm
familiar with Veritas NetBackup so my questions are
from that perspective.

1)  Does legato provide a way to Vault tapes
automatically or can this be scripted??

2)  Is there a job monitor that shows the realtime
status of backup jobs that show the jobid.

3)  What's the best way to setup a backup group?? I
would like to setup a group of clients that are
backing up the same data at the same time.
Incremental backups to occur Monday thru Thursday and
a Full over the weekend.

4)  I ran a test backup of a solaris server of all
filesystems.  The backup failed with a error of 1, it
appears that the backup timed out trying to backup
/devices.

5) HOw do you restore individual files???

6) How do you turn on verbose logging??

7) Do you tune legato in solaris by setting up shared
memory, semaphores and msg queues.

I'll start with that for now.

Thanks for any help.