Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] Backing up through a Firewall

2005-11-23 05:54:13
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Backing up through a Firewall
From: IT-Administration ST <admin.st AT KVBAWUE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:30:34 +0100
Hello Jim,

if you are requested to restore a specific file or dozens of files not knowing
exactly whether they were on the backup of sunday to weeks ago or monday to
weeks ago ... or friday two weeks ago, how do you find out which networker
tapes should be applied to get the data back? Are you generating file lists of
daily ufsdumps?

     Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards

   Roman Böhm