Networker

[Networker] Can't choose LTO media type on new jukebox

2005-11-14 22:19:59
Subject: [Networker] Can't choose LTO media type on new jukebox
From: "Gibbons, Kim" <kgibbons AT MPR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:14:39 -0500
Running Legato 6.1.3 build 428
Just installed (migrated to) Spectralogic T120 jukebox w/2 LTO3 drives
Successfully installed with jbconfig

I'm unable to specify media type of LTO2 for drives (yes, have LTO3, but
LTO2 better than nothing).
A man nsr_device states valid media types and LTO is not included.
When try to specify media type in nwadmin get error dialog "media type
is a read-only attribute"
Nwadmin Help files list valid media types and the LTO/LTO2 are not
listed.

I called Legato before jukebox was purchased to make sure that our older
version would use the LTO drives with this jukebox and was told
"definitely yes".  Doh....

How do I specify the media type of the new drives?  Do I just have to
override the volume capacity to use my new drives?

Maybe next year when we don't have a failing jukebox to replace, we'll
have the budget to upgrade our Legato version!

Thank very much in advance for any help!

Kim Gibbons
MPR Associates, Inc
Ph:        703-519-0200
Fax:       703-519-0224