Networker

[Networker] Auto Clone Fails

2005-11-07 23:07:51
Subject: [Networker] Auto Clone Fails
From: Rathindra Nath Dhali Operations IT <rdhali AT GRAMEENPHONE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:03:48 +0600
Dear NetWorker experts,

We are having problem in "Automatic Cloning". The scenario is described
below:

Host A: NetWorker Server (HP-UX). Version: 7.1.1

Host B: NetWorker Dedicated Storage Node (Solaris): 7.1.1

* Backup runs on host B and Clones on host A.

* Backup and Cloning succeeds if all save-sets goes to only one tape.

* Backup succeeds always but Cloning fails if save-sets span over two
tapes. When backup is over and auto-clone is triggered, it waits for the
first tape to mount. However, it can not find the tape. After a wile the
save group ends without cloning.

Please note that we are using the same auto changer, and shared drives
(HP MSL6060, 4 LTO2 drives)

Can anyone help solving the issue?

Regards,

Rathin