Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP restores

2005-11-04 14:32:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP restores
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:27:59 -0500
NDMP backups are different that other Legato backups. The backup
datastream that is used during a backup is controlled by the NetWorker
client, rather than the server. You can't restore a NDMP backup to
anything other than the same type of NDMP client that you backed up.

Check out page 556 of the Unix Admin Guide

http://web1.legato.com/infodev/publications/NetWorker/UNIX/7.1/uxag_7.1.
pdf

"The operating system of the target host must be the same as the one
used to back up the data, and the target host must be a client of the
NetWorker Server... For example, if the original data was backed up to a
NetApp filer, the data much be recovered to the same NetApp filer or
another NetApp filer that is a NetWorker client"

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
Dir of Operations  | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA LLC            | Phone: 914-460-4039
www.otaotr.com     | Fax: 914-460-4139