Networker

[Networker] Incorrect block size in Windows2003

2005-11-02 05:53:30
Subject: [Networker] Incorrect block size in Windows2003
From: Pierpa <pierpaolo.frassino AT SOLVEIT DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:52:37 -0500
Hi,
I've setup my ADIC ascalar library with 2 IBM LTO Ultrium 2 drives, in SAN
with A Windows2003 Networker 7.2.1 server.
In order to setup a LTO blocksize of 256K, I've used the variable
NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_LTO_ULTRIUM_2 to 256, and it seems to work fine (
infact, as soon as I boot my networker server it says "LTO Ultrium-2 set
to 256K".
If I check on my Windows2003 box, the IBM drivers sets these parameters:

Max blocksize  2097152
min blocksize   1
default blocksize 65536

but, if I check a tape with "mt -f \\.\Tapex status" command I see
something like :

default blocksize  65536
minimum blocksize  1
maximum blocksize  131072

So, the maximum blocksize is not the same I see using the GUI. Of course,
If I try to label a tape from networker, I see from scanner utility the
block size to 128K and not 256K as I fixed using the NSR variable. I've
installed/uninstalled the devices drivers several times, but I see always
the same frustrating difference between the GUI and the mt command. Of
course the real blocksize on the tape is never 256K as I need, but 128k.
Have I missed something ? There is something else I have to check ( even
on the registries )??

Any help is really apprecited
                              Pierpa