Networker

Re: [Networker] Compare Netoworker to other backup products

2005-10-31 11:29:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Compare Netoworker to other backup products
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:28:40 -0500
> I'm going to try not to fuel this fire.  In Linux's defense, the
documentation is at "man tcp"
> Here's a link to the man page online, but you should check what's
available on your system first, as it may have changed.
> http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl7_tcp.htm
> If anyone has any questions on how to set the parameters with sysctl,
well, that's what the "See Also" section is for, but I > > might be able
to help.

Not to stroke the fire anymore, but that is good documentation about tcp
tuning and sysctl, however what I was explaining was the lack of
consistency and documentation for controling the hardcoding/auto setting
of various ethernet drivers in Linux. Unless there is a tool I have yet
to find, the settings have to be setup in /etc/modules.conf or
/etc/conf.modules with parameters that seem to only be documented in the
source code or README files in the drivers code.