Networker

[Networker] Bootstrap suppression

2005-10-31 11:27:33
Subject: [Networker] Bootstrap suppression
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:26:08 -0500

Since this subject recently came up, I've got a question.

We have a number of groups, and we have index backups disable on them.
We have a script that runs at 5:00 A.M. in the morning that does a
"savegrp -O" on each of the groups including the group the backup server
belongs. The documentation suggests that as long as the backup server is
in an group that is auto scheduled, it will suppress the bootstrap on
the savegrp -O runs, however, it seems to run a bootstap for each group
that we run a "savegrp -O" on.

Anyone know how to suppress the bootstrap?

--
Matthew Huff           | One Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations | Purchase, NY 10577