Networker

Re: [Networker] networker won't shutdown

2005-10-29 05:15:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker won't shutdown
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:45:57 +0100
Stan Horwitz wrote:
On Oct 28, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Joel Fisher wrote:

As for stalled savegroups, I suggest a better way to deal with that problem (until Legato actually fixes it), is to review your running savegroups in nwadmin each morning and simply kill off the ones that have stalled, or write a shell script to do it.

I'm not sure that Legato can actually fix this. The current design of the product is that a group will not start if it is already running. I suppose they could introduce an option to kill it off and restart instead, but this would not be the default. There are a couple of easy methods to detect this with a script, and kill off overrunning groups either manually or automatically.

"signoff networker" in the