Networker

[Networker] Networker and Firewall hostname errors

2005-10-28 15:24:27
Subject: [Networker] Networker and Firewall hostname errors
From: Bruce Wynia <bwynia AT ACTCONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:07:25 -0400
Hi all,

    Networker (7.2.1) - on Linux RedHat.
    Server and client on differant internal sub-nets, and muss pass-thru a
hardware firewall.

    I fail a client backup with -> nsrexecd: Host name verification
failed - unknown host.

    nslookup works fine on both server and client.
    telnet/ping/... all work fine.
    all ports are currently open between the internal sub-nets.

    networker indicates it is failing when looking up 192.168.40.1 - which
is the firewall IP in this case, not the Network server.  This has no DNS
or /etc/host entry.

    What do I configure differantly in DNS or the /etc/hosts files to
reslove this?

Thanks,
Bruce