Networker

Re: [Networker] Solaris 10 containers

2005-10-28 14:37:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solaris 10 containers
From: "Moore, Joe" <jmoore AT UGS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:32:37 -0700
> I'm quite sure in a similar if not a slightly more messy
> fashion, I can
> also get the Networker Module for Oracle working. My nightmare, is
> envisioning the future where I must stop all Oracle services
> (production
> as well as development) to upgrade the Networker Client SW of
> which the
> Networker Module for Oracle is dependent on. Of course, the same
> nightmare goes for the upgrade of Solaris on this box.
>
> Anyone else have any comments or gotchas on this?

We're successfully backing up about a dozen zones across 5 solaris 10
boxes, running SAP.  We have to specify a saveset for each filesystem.

I believe (but have not tested) that the Networker module for Oracle
will work, but at the moment, we're using hand-written scripts to put
the DBs in backup mode, then dropping them off to tape.

According to Sun, you should be able to install packages (such as
Networker) into individual zones, and have them patched independantly.
(We just install the Networker client into each global zone and copy the
/etc/init.d/ file like you did, + /etc/rc2.d/S95networker)

--Joe