Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP 7.2

2005-10-26 05:25:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP 7.2
From: "Kilpatrick, Mark" <mark.kilpatrick AT SABEO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:20:28 +0100
I re-enabled our previous legato server, version 7.1.3 and ran the same
test apart from the fact that the data was going directly to a ndmp tape
device rather than across the network to a non-ndmp disk device.

It took the same amount of time! Looks as though our 4gb of data with
120,000 files always took over 20 minutes of processing before it
started writing data. We never noticed as we have lots of other savesets
specified under the client.

I also noticed that we had the same messageon the tape device - writing
128kb - this message appeared immediately and then did not change until
the data started writing twenty minutes later.