Networker

Re: [Networker] Dry run test of backups

2005-10-21 09:40:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dry run test of backups
From: Per Kristiansen <per AT GATHERING DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:28:28 +0200
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 03:02:50PM +0200, Per Kristiansen wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out a way to do a dryrun of my backup sets.
>
> I've tried using the Preview setting from the GUI, but it only give a VERY
> rough overview of what it will back up.
>
> I have several .nsr files and a couple of scripts that generates .nsr files.
> but I would LOVE to not have to actually run the backup to see if my .ns
> files are honored
> and/or correct.
>
> I'm running Networker 6.1.3 Build 428 Network Edition/10 under IRIX.
>
> Oh..I would be very happy if anyone could suggest some good books on legato
> as I
> don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the time to attend a legato
> course :(

answering my own post..tsk tsk..oh well :)

Thanks to Peter Murphy and Roman Böhm who both pointed me towards the savegrp
command.

found that by using the savegrp -pvvv <group name> I got some of the
information, but what REALLY did
the work was using -nvvv , wich not only showed what files would be backed up ,
but also
gave me the estimate size of each saveset :)

brilliant!

--
Per Kristiansen
per AT gathering DOT org