Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin query for empty strings

2005-10-20 06:33:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin query for empty strings
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:28:07 -0400
With all due respect, I must disagree. I think this list is an appropriate
place to post hints/tips/reminders. Those who already know the topic can
just hit NEXT or DELETE as they do with the occasional out-of-office
message. I personally find it refreshing to read the occasional post that
isn't asking for help with a problem.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:10:53 +0100, Davina Treiber
<DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK> wrote:

>IT-Administration ST wrote:
>> Hello dear fellow-networkers,
>>
>> getting more and more familiar with nsradmin I discovered a way how to do
a nsradmin query for empty strings. This I would like to share with you.

>> Example for Solaris:
>>
>>    echo " . type: nsr client; remote access:\nshow name\nprint" |
nsradmin -i - | pg

>> This query will show the names of every nsr client where nothing is
assigned  to "remote access".

>It's good to see that you are learning so much about nsradmin, but a lot
>of people on this list already know nsradmin very well. It might be more
>appropriate to add your handy tips to the NetWorker FAQ rather than
>posting them to the list. The address is in the footers of every posting.
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems