Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovery recycled saveset by "recover" command failed

2005-10-18 11:50:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovery recycled saveset by "recover" command failed
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:49:05 -0700
> Good day.
> We try to recover some files from recycled savesets, networker (version
> 6.1.4 on Solaris) show us SSID of savesets.

That would be "recyclable" savesets I hope.  "recycled" savesets have
been erased.

> First case:
>
> Command at client (Windows 2k3 server):
>
> recover -d d:\temp -S 1319493121 D:\data\class\admin4.nsf
>
> Recovering files within / into D:\temp
> Received 0 matching file(s) from NSR server `backup'
>

> Second case:
>
> Command at Solaris backup server for restore directory:
>
> recover -d \data\temp -S 1319492138 \data\notes\mail\
>
> Recovering files ...
> Received 0 matching file(s) from NSR server `backup'
>
> Where I wrong ?
> How to resolve this problem...

To me it looks like the paths you are giving on the command line aren't
matching any of the paths in the savesets.

Do you have some temp space where you can recover portions of the
saveset without specifying a path?  That way you can verify if that path
is even present.