Networker

[Networker] Client continually backing up at level Full

2005-10-06 08:36:03
Subject: [Networker] Client continually backing up at level Full
From: Terry Iverson <topspinna AT YAHOO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:21:06 -0400
Hi,

We have a new Sun Solaris server being backed up by a Windows 2000 Server
with Networker 7.12 software. The server successfully backs up at a Full
level, but when it should then do an incremental it gives a message that
there are no full backups of this client and does another Full backup.
We've restored data from the backup - so we know that the data is being
backed up correctly.

The hosts file of both the client and server has the correct short name
and FQDN of client. The alias name in the Preferences of the client is
correct. The client can ping and resolve the name of the backup server and
visa-versa.

I'm really looking for clues as to where the Networker server is not
updating that it already has backed this server at Full level. I've
checked the indexes and they don't appear corrupt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Terry