Networker

[Networker] recovering license used by dead machine

2005-10-05 13:06:27
Subject: [Networker] recovering license used by dead machine
From: "Dellwo, Martin J. [NCSUS]" <MDELLWO AT NCSUS.JNJ DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:02:40 -0400
OK, I got my new Win2K3 server up and running with a tape library as a
storage node (7.1.3), now when I try to add the tape library with
'jbconfig', I get an error at the very end because it says I need a license.
I already have a license, but it is considered in use by the now-dead older
server.  I was able to delete the auto-loader, but the two tape devices
still show as attached to the dead server.  I can' t just delete them (at
least, not in the admin gui) because Legato thinks there are still tapes
mounted.  How do I get around this?  I tried resetting the location, that
doesn't work for the two tapes that it thinks are actually mounted in
drives.

--
Martin J. Dellwo
(610) 458-6069  JJDial: 8-436-6069