Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging Question

2005-10-05 10:48:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging Question
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:43:33 +0200
Kevin,

We use the disks at a moderate pace, having approx 200GB of /data space that
is used by laptop users to backup their data to the server. When the disk
reaches 70% or is older than 5 hours staging begins. Do look at the hidden
attrributes of staging and calculate your loads when both reading and writing
high volume data to and from the disks. (know where your bottelnecks are or
will be). If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Maarten

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.