Networker

Re: [Networker] Leftover NSR mount request resources

2005-10-04 11:37:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Leftover NSR mount request resources
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:32:48 -0700
> What top level was this resource a part of (nsr, nsr jukebox?). I don't
> recall seeing it:
>
> printf "print type:nsr mount request\n" |/usr/sbin/nsradmin -i -
> No resources found for query:
>                         type: nsr mount request;

NSR mount request is a (new?) top level.  I certainly don't remember it
from older networker releases, but it's in 7.1.1, complete with man
page.

NAME
     nsr_mount_request  -  NetWorker  resource  type  "NSR  mount
     request"

SYNOPSIS
     type: NSR mount request

DESCRIPTION
     When a nsrmmd processes requires media for a  session,  e.g.
     save  or recover, it sends a request to nsrd. If there is no
     media currently mounted which meets the requirements of  the
     nsrmmd  process, nsrd starts a nsrjb command to mount media.
     Before nsrd starts the nsrjb command a resource of the  type
     NSR mount request is created.  The resource exists until the
     corresponding nsrjb command exits.  This  resource  and  all
     its  attributes  are  read only. A resource of this type may
     not be created or deleted using  any  administrative  inter-
     face.   See  nsr_resource(5)  for  information  on NetWorker
     resources.  To view the NSR mount request resources run:
          nsradmin -c "type:NSR mount request"
     Be sure to include quotation marks and  to  insert  a  space
     between "NSR", "mount", and "request".
[...]