Networker

[Networker] Max path length and 'suppressed' output queries

2005-09-27 08:20:52
Subject: [Networker] Max path length and 'suppressed' output queries
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:18:24 +0100
Hi
Server: Solaris 9 - Networker 7.2.1
Client: Netware6.5sp3 running Networker for Netware 7.2

Does anyone know what the maximum file-spec length is that this new Networker
for Netware client (7.2) can handle?

It's just that for a few files that have been happily backing up for years on
version 4.xx, I'm now seeing the following...

* server:VOLUME: SAVE.NLM: Path too long - VOLUME:/User/My
Documents/abcd........

It looks to me as though the total limit for the whole path _and_ file name is
255 characters (or thereabouts).

I couldn't see anything in the release notes relating to this.

On a sort of related issue, I also see the following in the logs...

* server:volume: savegrp: suppressed 11 lines of output -
check daemon.log for details.

So, I go to /nsr/logs/daemon.log and... nothing - no more info in there.
Nothing in /var/adm/messages either (just the 'suppressed' line as above).
Are these suppressed lines recorded anywhere?  I'd ideally like to see the path
of these other 11 files which weren't backed up, so I can take some action.

Cheeers... Allan.