Networker

Re: [Networker] Running a backup from the networker client

2005-09-27 05:20:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running a backup from the networker client
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:17:11 +0200
We do this for laptops, as they are not in at night when the others (desktops
and servers).

I have a script that I connect to using telnet so the user can interact.

The script creates a temp group for this client only and starts the group.

after the backup is finished (or aborted) the user gets an email

Maarten

(script is availible on demand, I run my server on solaris, the script is
perl)

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.